The Victorian state government has advised that the skilled visa nomination program (subclass 190 and subclass 491) will re-open at 10.00AM on Tuesday 5 January 2021.
The Department of Home Affairs has provided the following allocation to the Victorian state goverment:
|Visa type||Interim program|
|Additional for remainder of 2020-21|
|Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa||600||1,900||2,500|
|Skilled Work Regional (Subclass 491) visa||200||843||1,043|
|Total skilled nomination places for Victoria||3,543|
Skilled Regional (subclass 491) – Updated Criteria for SC491 State Nomination
- You must already be living in a designated regional area of Victoria
- You must already be working in regional Victoria for a minimum period of three months or more
- You must be working in a highly skilled occupation in health, medical research, life sciences, agri-good or digital sectors which supports Victoria’s economic recovery and/or health response.
Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) – Updated Criteria for SC190 State Nomination
- You must already be living in Victoria
- You must already be working in Victoria for a minimum period of six months or more
- You must be working in a highly skilled occupation in health, medical research or life sciences which supports Victoria’s economic recovery and/or health response.
Steps in applying for Victorian Skilled Visa Nomination Process
- All applicants intending on applying for a nomination via the Victroain skilled visa nomination program must submit an Expression of Interest via the Department’s ‘SkillSelect’.
- A Registration of Interest (ROI) is then required to be submitted with the Victorian government
- The Victorian state government will evaluate all Registrations of Interest and selects the best candidates to apply for Victorian state nomination.
- If you are selected to apply for Victorian state nomination a formal nomination application is required to be submitted to the Victorian government.
- If your nomination application is successfully approved by the Victorian government you will receive an invitation to apply for either the Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa or the Regional Skilled (subclass 491) visa.
If you would like further information or personalised advice on applying for Victorian state nomination please contact our office for assistance.