The Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs Alex Hawke MP has announced a further 22 new occupations to be added to the Australian government’s Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
The addition of the new occupations comes after engagement with small, medium and large Australian employers, industry bodies and business leaders across the economy according to the Minister’s media release.
The 22 new occupations that have been added are:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
Occupations listed on the PMSOL are exempt from the current border/travel restrictions however will still be subject to quarantine requirements upon entry to Australia. Occupations on the PMSOL are also subject to priority processing by the Department of Home Affairs with most applications being assessed within one month of lodgement given our experience.
The full media release from the Minister’s office can be accessed here.
If you would like further information on the updates to the PMSOL or any Australian immigration matter, please contact our office.
Ethos Migration Lawyers will continue to provide updates as they become available.