Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa
Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa Application
The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa is a permanent visa that enables an applicant to secure permanent residency in Australia on their own individual merits.
Unlike the Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa, there is no nomination required by a state or a family member.
It is a points-tested visa meaning that you must score a minimum of 65 points to be eligible to receive an invitation by the Department of Home Affairs.
However, due to the competitive nature of this visa subclass, scoring 65 points will not guarantee you an invitation by the Department.
How we can help
To be able to apply for a Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa you must lodge an Expression of Interest through the Department’s SkillSelect system and wait for an invitation before being able to apply for the visa.
At Ethos Migration Lawyers, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide premium immigration services to applicants looking to secure their Permanent Residency in Australia. We have assisted thousands of clients with their Permanent Residency visa application with great success.
By practising solely in Australian Immigration Law, we are able to provide a focused and specific solution to our client’s needs. We ensure that all requirements are met prior to proceeding with an application of any sort, and ensure the highest possible chances of success are available to our clients.
Schedule a Consultation with Ethos Migration Lawyers for Expert Immigration Advice and Assistance
What is the visa criteria for the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa?
To be eligible for a Subclass 189 visa you must:
- Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited by the Department
- Achieve at least 65 points on the points test
- Be at least 18 years and old and not older than 44 years old
- Achieve a positive skills assessment in an occupation on the relevant occupation list
- Possess at least Competent English or higher
- Meet the health and character requirements
What is the process to apply for a Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa?
- You must obtain a skills assessment in your relevant occupation and complete your English language test
- You must then lodge an Expression of Interest with the Department of Home Affairs through SkillSelect
- You must wait to receive an invitation via SkillSelect
- Apply for your visa application within 60 days of receiving an invitation via SkillSelect
Ethos Migration Lawyers are well placed to assist you with all stages of applying for Permanent Residency via the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa which include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking a thorough assessment of your matter to maximise your potential points score
- Assisting with the Skills Assessment process and obtaining a positive skills assessment
- Preparing your Expression of Interest, receiving your invitation and lodging your visa application
- Including any dependant applicants as part of your application
- Managing the issuance of your bridging visas
- Getting you the visa grant!