ACT Occupation List Update | Feb 2016
The ACT Government has made updates to their occupation list with an increase of demand for certain occupations and certain occupations now closed.
An overview of the main changes are as follows:
- Panel Beaters & Child Care Manager occupations have now been closed
- Occupations in Communications, Construction, Finance, Real Estate and Hospitality have increased availabilities due to the demand increasing
- Occupations for Civil Engineers, General Practitioner’s, Retail Pharmacists, Early Childhood Teachers, Architects, Medical Imaging Professionals, Registered Nurses, Counsellors and Psychologists have remained open
Some further points that should be taken into consideration are the following:
- The ACT Skilled Migration Program has again re-focused its program to give priority to residents of the ACT working in Skilled Occupations, or their immediate family living overseas who are able to demonstrate good employment opportunities in the ACT
- Student’s who have graduated from interstate universities and have lives and worked in Canberra in their nominated occupation for a minimum of 6 months are now eligible to apply for nomination from the ACT even if their current occupation is shown as ‘closed’.
To view the full ACT Occupation List please click the following link:
The updated occupation list from the ACT is now effective immediately.
If any applications were submitted and lodged prior to the 23rd Feburuary 2016 those applications will be assessed under the ‘at time of application criteria’.
If you are looking at pursuing the skilled migration program in the ACT please get in touch with us today for advice.