The Victorian Government has today announced that the Department of Home Affairs has confirmed they can continue to use their interim allocation places beyond 5 October 2020.
The Victorian Government will continue nominating skilled and business migrants until their interim nomination places have been filled.
There has been significant interest in both the skilled and business nomination programs with the below data being released:
Victoria was allocated the following number of ‘interim’ allocations for the 2020-2021 year:
- 600 places for skilled subclass 190 visa
- 200 places for skilled subclass 491 visa
- 400 places for the Business Innovation & Investment (subclass 188) visa program
The Victorian government received:
- more than 2,400 registrations of interest (ROI) from skilled migrants, and
- more than 480 applications from business migrants.
Victoria has confirmed that once the Department of Home Affairs issue the full number of allocations for the 2020-2021 program they will be in a position to reopen the visa nomination programs.