The Victorian Government has opened nominations for the Business Innovation & Investment (subclass 188A) visa.
There is no cost to apply for nomination from Victoria and nomination processing time is 12 weeks.
Who can apply
To be eligible you must:
- Be under 55 years-of-age
- Have vocational English language ability (in the form of an approved English test such as IELTS, PTE etc)
- Have a STEMM qualification, an MBA or relevant business history in a target sector
- Have an innovative business proposal
- Have scored at least 65 points on the Departments points test
- Be committed to meet the requirements for permanent residence, and
- Meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements, including minimum financial requirements.
What are the Victorian Government ‘Target Sectors’ for the Business Innovation Stream (subclass 188A) visa?
- Health, medical research and life sciences
- Advanced Manufacturing
- New energy, emissions reduction and circular economy
To apply you must:
- Make an Expression of Interest with SkillSelect.
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Review the Supporting Information.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal
- Respond to any requests for further information within 14 days.
After you apply
- The Skilled and Business Migration Program will assess your application.
- You will be emailed if further information is required to support your application. You must respond within 2 weeks to this email.
Once you are nominated
- You will be notified of the decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days.
- Renomination will not be allowed if your visa application is not submitted.
- Keep your contact details up to date so the Department of Home Affairs can provide you important services.
- Comply with your Victorian nomination obligations for subclass 188A.
What you will need to provide
In your application, you will need to provide the following documents to show you meet the requirements:
- English language evidence
- Qualifications documents
- Victorian nomination conditions declaration form
- Appointment of agent form (if required)
If you would like any further information on the Business Innovation & Investment (subclass 188) visa or the Victorian state nomination requirements, please contact our office.