Temporary Skilled Visa (subclass 457)
What are the eligibility requirements for the 457 visa?
Australian and overseas businesses are eligible to make an application to enable them to employ skilled workers from overseas.
Employers must sponsor skilled workers that appear on the Skilled Occupation List commonly known as the SOL.
Australian or overseas business will need to make an application to become a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS) and need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a lawfully operating business
- Must be able to meet Training Benchmark A or B
- Must have conducted Labour Market Testing
- There must be no adverse information known about the business or persons associated with the business
- Must indicate the number of positions to be nominated during the term of sponsorship
There are 3 stages in sponsoring an employee from overseas to work on the 457 visa.