With the introduction of the new Skilled Work Regional (provisional) subclass 491 visa and the changes to the GSM points test, Immigration SA has reviewed the state nomination requirements and the additional requirements on the State Nominated Occupation Lists.
Most trade occupations are still only required to have 65 points on the points test.
Changes to requirements to access state nomination for a permanent 190 visa Some occupations on the State Nominated Occupation Lists are listed as “Provisional 491 visa only” and Nomination for the 190 visa is not available for these occupations. The majority of these occupations are on Department of Home Affairs’ Regional Occupation List (ROL).
- Be a high points applicant with at least 8 years of work experience in my nominated or closely related occupation and Superior English. Please note: the high points category is closed for some occupations
- Have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia for the last 12 months
- Be a High Performing Graduate who has continued to reside in South Australia post-graduation and have completed one of the following qualifications from a South Australian public university (within the last two years) with the required Grade Point Average (GPA) listed below:
- Completed a PhD or Masters by Research
- GPA of 6.0 or above in Masters by Coursework degree (following completion of a Bachelor degree in South Australia)
- First Class Honours in a dedicated Honours year (following completion of a Bachelor degree in South Australia)
- GPA of 6.0 or above in a Bachelor Degree
- Be an international graduate of South Australia who is currently working for the last 6 months in a skilled occupation in South Australia.
- Be an international graduate of South Australia who has continued to reside in South Australia post-graduation for at least 5 years and is currently working for the last 3 months in a skilled occupation in South Australia.
An application fee change for all state nomination applications