Overview of the Global Talent Independent Program (GTI Visa)
About the Global Talent Independent Program
The Global Talent Independent Program has been designed to target the world’s most highly skilled people with the aim to position Australia at the forefront of growth trends in the world economy. It seeks to do this by attracting the world’s ‘best and brightest talent’ to Australia.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicants must hold a position with a salary above the equivalent of AUD$153,600 OR demonstrate they have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold which is reviewed annually ;
- Must show evidence of current salary through payslips and/or an employment contract, future job offers outlining remuneration or be a recent PhD or Masters graduate in the target sectors;
- Must be endorsed by a nominator who holds Australian citizenship, permanent residency or be an eligible New Zealand Citizen, or from an Australian organisation who holds a national reputation in the same field as you;
- Candidates who have completed a recent PhD or Master Degree in the target sectors are favourably looked upon
What are the Target Sectors?
- AgTech (Agricultural Technology)
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- FinTech (Financial Technology)
- Energy and Mining technology
- MedTech (Medical Technology)
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
Who can nominate for the GTI Visa?
To be eligible for the GTI program you must be nominated by an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation with a national reputation in the same field as you.
The nominator needs to attest to your achievements and international standing and is not required to provide you with employment, or assist you to become established in Australia.
How many places are available each year?
The Australian government has committed to providing up to 15,000 places each financial year for the Global Talent Independent Program with the aim to create high-paying local jobs in Australia and placing Australia on the map as a global technology hub.
Read more about this visa on our dedicated GTI Visa page here.
Interested in applying?
If you would like to know more about this program, or undertake a comprehensive assessment against the criteria please contact our office online, by telephone at 1300 083 843 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org