About the Global Talent Independent Program
The Global Talent Independent Program has been designed to target the world’s most highly skilled people with the aim to position Australia at the forefront of growth trends in the world economy. It seeks to do this by attracting the world’s ‘best and brightest talent’ to Australia.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicants must hold a position with a salary above the equivalent of AUD$148,700;
- Must show evidence of current salary through payslips and/or an employment contract;
- Must be endorsed by a nominator who holds Australian citizenship, permanent residency or be an eligible New Zealand Citzen, or from an Australian organisation who holds a national reputation in the same field as you;
- Must be able to provide job offers that outline the remuneration that would be offered; and
- Have completed a recent PhD or Master Degree in the target sectors.
What are the Target Sectors?
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, data Science and ICT
How many places are available each year?
The Australian government has committed to providing up to 5,000 places each financial year for the Global Talent Independent Program with the aim to create high-paying local jobs in Australia and placing Australia on the map as a global technology hub.
Interested in applying?