Medical Treatment Visa Overview
The Medical Treatment (subclass 602) visa is a temporary visa for individuals to undertake medical procedures in Australia such as:
- undertake general medical treatment and/or medical consultations in Australia
- donate an organ to someone
- provide support to someone that is receiving medical treatment in Australia
- in some cases, if you are in Australia and are over 50 years old and have been refused an Australian permanent visa on the basis of not meeting the health requirement, you may be eligible to apply for this visa
The Medical Treatment Visa allows individuals who are in Australia to apply for this visa if their visa is expiring and they require medical treatment in Australia, and also enables people outside Australia to apply for this visa to receive medical treatment in Australia.
What the Medical Treatment visa will allow you to do?
If you are granted a Medical Treatment visa you will be eligible to:
- remain in Australia for medical treatment
- study in Australia for up to three months
- travel in and out of Australia if your visa is granted with multiple entries
What are the requirements of the Medical Treatment visa?
To meet the criteria for the grant of this visa you must:
- You must provide evidence that you have financial means to support yourself and anyone else included in your application for the time you are in Australia and enough financial support to cover the costs of your treatment and travel to and from Australia
- You must provide evidence that you are a genuine temporary entrant, and that you have incentive to return to your country of residence prior to your visa expiring and will abide by the conditions imposed on your visa
- You must provide evidence from your medical practitioner/s regarding the nature of your treatment and the costs associated with your treatment.
How can we help?
Ethos Migration has successfully assisted countless applicants receive their Medical Treatment visa by working closely with the applicants and their treating doctors or medical practitioners to compile and lodge the required documentation for the grant of the visa.
If you have any questions about these requirements, or would like to speak to one of our experts for more information on Australian visas get in touch with Ethos Migration today.