The Global Talent Independent (GTI) Program seeks to attract the brightest and best global talent to work in future focused sectors to help grow Australia’s innovation and technology economies.
As nomination is a mandatory requirement for GTI applicants, and that nomination can be by an Australian organisation.
Engineers Australia has announced that they may consider nominating candidates who have proven to be highly skilled engineering professionals.
Who can be nominated by Engineers Australia?
A list of priority sectors has been identified by the Department of Home Affairs, Engineers Australia may consider nominating candidates in these target sectors who fulfill the requirements and can provide evidence of their excellence.
These sectors include:
- Agri-food and AgTech
- Health Industries
- Defence, Advanced manufacturing, and Space
- Circular Economy
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- Financial Services and FinTech
If you complete a self-assessment and are eligible for GTI nomination assessment, you can apply to Engineers Australia to support your nomination.
You can complete a self-assessment for the GTI nomination with Engineers Australia below: https://engineersaustralia.wufoo.com/forms/s4tp54o062n62n/
Who is Eligible
To be eligible to apply for the Global Talent Visa Program, you must:
- Prove you are internationally recognised, with evidence of outstanding achievements
- Still be prominent in your field of expertise
- Provide evidence that you would be an asset to Australia, in your area of expertise
- Have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in your field
- Have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia in the same field as you endorse you as global talent
- Places are also available to certain PhD students who can demonstrate exceptional talent and international recognition
How to apply for a nomination for the GTI program from Engineers Australia
There are three-steps to the GTI nomination assessment:
- Self-assessment for eligibility
- Application submission
- Application assessment and nomination
If you meet the criteria outlined above and have all the required documentation, you can apply for a nomination assessment.
How much does it cost
The fee for GTI nomination assessment is $810 excl. GST for overseas applicants and $891 incl. GST for applicants residing in Australia.
Professional assistance and representation from Immigration Lawyers & Registered Migration Agents in Australia
If you would like any further information regarding Engineers Australia’s nominations for the GTI program, or for assistance with your GTI Expression of Interest or GTI (subclass 858) visa application, please contact our office.