Importance of Pro-Actively Auditing your business
Remaining compliant as an employer and/or a Standard Business Sponsor is a very important aspect to always consider to continue to be able to sponsor international employees and avoid sanctions and significant financial penalties.
Your obligations as a sponsor do not end at the same time
the sponsorship approval ends. You could be expected to stay complaint for up to five
years after your sponsorship ends. The department will continue to monitor you
and your sponsored employees to ensure they are still complying with their visa
conditions and your obligations as a sponsor.
Main Obligations as a sponsor
- Inform the Department when certain events occur
- Ensure your sponsored employees only work in their nominated occupation
- Ensure equivalent terms and conditions of employment
- Not engage in discriminatory recruitment practices
- Keep records
- Provide records and information
- Assume costs for travel, location of unlawful citizens and nomination charges
- Cooperate with inspectors should they wish to audit your business.
How We Help?
– A full confidential audit of every aspect in regard to foreign workers and their working rights
– Review your sponsorship obligations at regular intervals to ensure you are staying compliant
– Collate records and manage paperwork for foreign workers in preparation for department organised audits
– Provide advice and strategies on future sponsorships
– Identify and advise on potential risks your business may face regarding current and future sponsorships