The Business Innovation stream requires that you:
- be under 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory.
- score at least 65 on the points test. Please see the Points test tab on this webpage for further information.
- for two out of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have had an ownership interest in an established business or businesses that had at least AUD500 000 turnover in each of those years
- own at least one of the following percentage of your nominated main business:
- 51 per cent, if the business has a turnover of less than AUD400 000 per year
- 30 per cent, if the business has a turnover of AUD400 000 or more per year
- 10 per cent, if the business is a publicly listed company
- have an overall successful business career
- have a genuine desire to continuously own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
If your nominated main business provides professional, technical or trade services, you must have spent no more than half your time providing those services, as opposed to general management of the business.
At the time of invitation, you, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD800 000 that are lawfully acquired and available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted.
You and your partner must have had no involvement in unacceptable business or investment activities.