Standard Business Sponsorship Approval
Obtaining a Standard Business Sponsorship (SBS) is the first step when looking to hire international skilled workers. It essentially provides an approval to have the ability to sponsor workers under the business.
Standard Business Sponsorship Requirements
To obtain an approval from the Department of Immigration & Border Protection a business must meet the following criteria:
- The business is structured in a way that it is a company, trust, partnership or registered business name
- The business is actively trading
- The business can meet the required training benchmarks in regards to their commitment to providing training to their Australian employees
Period of Sponsorship Validity
When a Sponsorship approval is granted by the Department, it is generally valid for a period of five years unless one of the following applies:
- A new, or start up business – if a business has been established for under 12 months, the business sponsorship approval and any associated visas granted
- Accredited sponsors – businesses that sponsor a high number of visa holders can be approved for a period of up to 6 years.
If your business is looking at becoming an Approved Standard Business Sponsor we can help.
Having assisted businesses across all industry sector’s secure sponsorship approval, our team has a wealth of knowledge to ensure your application is as successful as possible.
Our specialised advice will provide you with all the information required to have your business eligible to sponsor as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about these requirements, or would like to speak to one of our experts for more information on getting your business to become an Approved Business Sponsor get in touch with Ethos Migration today.