Ethos Migration values your privacy!
Ethos Migration is serious about privacy and the security of your information. As a regulated Australian service provider, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”). We are committed to protecting the personal information that we hold about you.
Collection of information
Ethos Migration only collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with our services. The kind of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the type of services that you request from us and may include: your name, date of birth, address, contact details and relevant identification documents including immigration information.
How information may be collected
Ethos Migration collects your personal information in a number of ways including:
- directly from you (including via your advisers), such as when you provide the information by phone, email or in a form;
- from other migration agencies where permitted by law; and
- from third parties as required in order to fulful our duties to you as your service provider.
How your personal information may be used
Ethos Migration may use your personal information for the purpose of providing the services you have requested, as well as for related purposes such as:
- to verify your identity or transactions which you may enter into with us;
- to administer and manage the provision of our products and services;
- to respond to queries, complaints or to provide you with our general customer services;
- to provide relevant immigration related agencies of your relevant information as required;
- to provide you with offers of other Ethos Migration products or services;
- to provide you with offers from organisations with whom we have an alliance;
- to comply with Ethos Migration’s risk management policies and procedures; or
- to train our staff.
We will not, however, use your personal information other than for:
- a purpose you would reasonably expect;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose otherwise authorised by you.
Other service providers associated with Ethos Migration
We may contract out some of our administrative and support functions such as information gathering, identification verification and other back office related functions to external contractors from time to time. Only information necessary for the contractor to carry out their function will be provided and will be subject to confidentiality clauses in the relevant services agreement.
Storage and security of information
Ethos Migration stores personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information will not be sold to anyone.
Once personal information is no longer required to be retained, it is either destroyed or permanently de – identified.
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information, please contact us on +61 1300 083 843 or write to us at the following address:
ATT: Managing Director
Suite 2, Level 2
190 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000