Business Innovation & Investment Visas
If you are considering migrating to Australia to purchase a business, or expand your business ventures in Australia the most common pathway is to apply via the Business Innovation and Investment Visa pathway.
The Business Innovation and Investment visa is a four year provisional visa that is available to business owners and people looking to invest substantially into Australia.
Business Innovation and Investment Subclass 188 Visa (Stage 1)
The Business Innovation and Investment visa is a provisional visa for successful business people and innovators looking to invest in Australia, start a business in Australia, or expand their business in Australia to contribute growth to the Australian economy.
The Australian government has encouraged and welcomed investment and business expansion in Australia for the last decade contributing to the growing Australian economy.
This visa subclass has five streams:
- The Business Innovation Stream – This stream is for people with high level business skills that wish to establish, develop and manage a new and/or existing business in Australia.
- Investor Stream – This visa is for people who are willing to make a complying investment of at least AUD1.5 Million in an Australian state or territory.
- Significant Investor Stream (SIV) – This visa is for people who are willing to make a complying investment of at least AUD5 Million into complying investments in Australia.
- Premium Investor Stream (PIV) – This visa is for people who are willing to make a complying investment of at least AUD15 Million into complying investments in Australia.
- Entrepreneur Stream – This visa is for people who have received a legally enforceable agreement from a third party for at least AUD$200,000 and the activity is a ‘Complying Entrepreneur Activity’.
Business Innovation and Investment Subclass 888 Visa (Stage 2)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Subclass 888 is a permanent residence visa (PR) and is the second stage to the Business Innovation and Investment class of visas.
Once applicants have satisfied the requirements of their provisional 188 visa, they may be able to apply for the second stage Permanent Residency (PR) 888 visa.
If you have any questions about these requirements, or would like to speak to one of our experts for more information on Australian visas get in touch with Ethos Migration today.